This December 17th is the 10th International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers.
On December 17th, 2012, Sex Workers Outreach Project-Chicago invites sex work communities, allies, advocates, friends and family to join us in celebrating the lives of those who have passed and honor the resilience of all who are connected to the sex trade.
4203 N. Ravenswood – Irving Park Brown Line
Monday, Dec 17, 2012. 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- Candlelight Vigil
- Burlesque Performance (Phaedra Black, Helena Handbasket)
- Music by DJ All the Way Kay
- Live Music by Alex Lehrman & Eric Segilman
- Speech by Serpent Libertine
- an ‘altar’ commemorating the life and anti-violence work Robyn Few, co-founder of SWOP and the International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers, who passed away this year.
- a video installation scrolling the names of sex workers who were lost in 2012.
- a 40×60 in commemorative wall to be created at the vigil. Attendees are invited to bring an item, picture, card or story to commemorate a victim of violence or to represent a moment of resilience.
- a red umbrella art installation.
- a donation bar and a silent art auction.
• Light Snacks & Refreshments will be Provided!
www.swop-chicago.org | 312-252-3800 | email@example.com