Recovery Rags is a new program is conjunction with the Chicago Recovery Alliance (CRA) that aims to help homeless and precariously housed women in the Cicero/West Side Chicago area gain access to new/gently used clothing, toiletries, and makeup. The women in this area will be able to trade in their old clothing and accessories for “new” items…the ones that YOU donate! Every Recovery Raqs “customer” will gain access to a wide variety of on-site health-promotion and HIV-prevention services, as well as referrals to other programs whose assistance they need (employment assistance, housing services, counseling, violence prevention, etc.) All donations are tax-deductible. We pick up donated items on the 2nd & 4th Sunday of every month. (and available other times through S.W.O.P~Chicago).
Items we will accept:
* NEW Toiletries and new or gently used non-liquid cosmetics
* Pants, shorts, and skirts
* Shoes/ boots
* Purses, belts, sunglasses, and hats
* Accessories (necklaces, rings, bracelets, etc.)
* Jackets/coats/gloves/scarves/hats (getting ready for winter!)
Items we cannot accept:
* Earrings/nose rings/any jewelry requiring piercing
* Liquid Make-up (Mascara, lip gloss, liquid eye liner, etc)
* Business Clothing, prom dresses, formal wear
* You can donate ANYTHING you don’t want anymore, but items the staff members can’t repair will be donated to other organizations.
Learn more about Chicago Recovery Alliance @ www.anypositivechange.org
The Sex Workers Outreach Project~Chicago is proud to support CRA & assist with Recovery Rags
Clothing/Item donations can also be scheduled though SWOP.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 252-2880